Headache Self-Help Tips
Headaches can be quite debilitating and they can prevent you from functioning properly so it is important for you to know how to manage the symptoms and reduce the pain.
Chiropractic treatment has been proved to be effective in treating migraine and tension type headaches, and here are some tips that are also helpful in managing, preventing, and/or relieving the symptoms.
Headache Self Help Tips
- Reduce or avoid alcohol and tobacco consumption.
- Observe proper posture at all times. The type of chair you use at work is important. An ergonomic chair can aid good posture.
- Get some fresh air.
- Perform relaxation techniques regularly.
- Exercise regularly.
- Avoid skipping meals and extreme exhaustion as these can trigger the symptoms.
- Reduce physical or emotional stress and avoid overtiredness.
- Taking the herbal medicine feverfew is said to be effective for some people. It must be taken daily to have an effect, even on days when the symptoms are not present.
You can Reduce Migraines by doing the following:
- Taking a rest in a dark, quiet room as bright light and noise can worsen the pain.
- Finding out and avoiding any food, drinks, or odours that trigger migraine attacks. Keeping a headache diary can help to discover these triggers.